Published Jan 2010
Self-esteem is what every parent wants their son or their daughter to have. It is their passport to a happier, more fulfilled life. The quiet confidence that self-respect gives will ensure that they can learn to learn, play, love and communicate better.
In this practical and insightful book, parents are shown how to:
– Understand the individual challenges and opportunities that boys face today
– Help boys to develop the inner strength to resist peer group demands
– Manage boys’ behaviour in a way that preserves and promotes their self-esteem
– Respond sensitively when boys suffer setbacks
– Support boys as they learn and teach them self-discipline so that they can achieve their goals.