Job Opportunity – Agents’ Assistant at A.M. Heath
The application deadline for this role has now passed.
A.M. Heath are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working and organised person to support two senior agents, Victoria Hobbs and Euan Thorneycroft, in their representation of authors and estates.
Our ideal candidate will be rigorous, resourceful, intuitive, and have a great editorial eye. Strong writing and communication skills are essential. Previous publishing experience is not necessary, but a keen interest in books is a must. The successful applicant will be someone who reads across a wide range of genres in both fiction and non-fiction.
Responsibilities will include:
• Reading and reporting on submissions
• Producing editorial notes on manuscripts
• Database and schedule management
• Author care
• Diary management
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts
• Providing full administrative support
While we are currently working remotely, this role will be based in our London office once it reopens.
In order to apply, we would like you to send a CV and answers (maximum 250 words each) to the questions below:
1. Why would you like to work at A.M. Heath?
2. Tell us about a book you read recently and why you liked – or didn’t like – it.
3. Please tell us about any editorial or administrative experience you have acquired.
Please send your email, including your answers and with your CV attached, to Victoria Hobbs (email@example.com) and Jessica Sinyor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on Wednesday 12th August. The ideal start date for this role is 24th August.
Salary: £23,000 per annum